Walkie-Talkies have been about for years, but in a day of Smartphone modern technology, you’d be forgiven for thinking that there is no longer a need for two-way radio communication! But in fact, they are more significant now than ever before so if you haven’t given Walkie-Talkies a second thought with regards to business potential, here are five reasons that are sure to change your mind!
- Clear and precise – Being able to communicate is essential for any business, but unless you have adequate technology to allow a connection, it can create all sorts of disruptions. Generally, most modern tech relies on signal and internet; without it, we can’t do a thing! So, what happens in the event of a disaster such as a natural one or even a man-made one? Chances are it can cause major disruptions at a time when communication is a vital need. A two-way radio system then becomes the most significant asset presented. Take, for instance, airports or factories, hugely populated areas, all safety savvy during such unpredictable times; the need for instant or emergency communication has to be of utmost importance. There simply cannot be any risk-taking, especially when lives could be at risk!
- Privacy and safe communication – Although modern tech have its perks, it can also be perilous, especially when you consider how easy it is to track or hack online activity. Two-way radio control offers no risk whatsoever when it comes to privacy as nothing is recorded or traceable. Walkie-Talkie communication is more restricted and cannot breach security protocol.
- Efficiency – Without the need for monthly contracts or call and data charges, it enables a cost-friendly approach to business expenditure. Forget all the added outlays as the only price you pay is for the device itself.
- Longevity – Most of us are already aware of how fickle modern technology can be; computers can have a system failure, devices are easily broken if dropped, and battery life is generally short-lived. The Two-way Radio systems have always been built to withstand even the harshest of scenarios, hence why the police and military have always used them. Dust, water, severe impacts, a long-life battery you name it these robust devices rarely let you down.
- Who benefits most – Well, most business can make use of Walkie-talkies but generally speaking, it tends to be those of vast scale that get the best usage. Security workers have always made good use, it enables fast communication when needed, but also Hotels can benefit when communicating from floor to floor to deliver daily duties. Events have a vital need to ensure that everything is running smooth such as organising parking and managing the occasion proficiently not to mention overseeing safety aspects too. Construction workers will benefit due to potential onsite risks, ensuring safety is at the forefront of everyone’s mind and to warn of unexpected hazardous situations is vital. Airports and hospitals (due to the vast amount of people and the size of the buildings) have to have some sort of reliable communication method available. Airports have public safety expectations and simply cannot afford to take any chances, and it’s not always possible to get good signal on Smartphone’s when present in an hospital.