When it comes to being intelligent and smart, you really do not have to burn through the night lamp to ace your exams. The advent of technology enables us to access details as well as products that certainly help us do better for our own selves. If you intend to be smarter than a 5th grader today or want to improve on your memory, then it is time for you to opt for the nootropics.
What Are Nootropics?
Nootropics are more commonly termed as the smart drugs, what the scientists refer to as ‘cognitive boosters’, these supplements or drugs help enhance the brain functions like learning, memory, creativity and several other functions that deal with cognitive growth and development. Other than boosting the cognitive functions, the drug is supposedly stated to help people suffering from motor function disorders or cognitive disabilities such as Parkinson, ADHA, Alzheimer, and the Huntington’s disease.
Different Types of Nootropics
Depending on what sort of results you are looking for, there are seven different types of nootropics available today. Below are just a brief for each one of them.
- Racetams – One of the most common and popular nootropics available today. The oldest known, Piracetam basically belongs to this category. Racetam is mainly used to improve concentration, memory improvement, learning abilities and moods. Other than this, it also helps boost cell regrowth while decreasing its deterioration.
- Natural – These nootropics are basically plant-based or herbal, which means that the ingredients are organic and are known mostly for their therapeutic effects. Vital examples are bacopi monneri and gingko biloba
- Ampakines – This happens to be a newer type of nootropics, it affects the glutamate receptors which are responsible for memory enhancement and learning but are more robust than Racetam.
- Peptides – Noopepet, another common type for this specific type is used to enable the crossing of the blood-brain carrier and somewhat resembles the effects of Racetams. Moreover, it mimics the features of Racetams in terms of improving the memory, boosting alertness, learning capabilities along with increasing brain energy and motivation.
- Smart Drugs – These are not nootropics, however; oftentimes mistakenly called. Some of these work as stimulants and as such are not considered as nootropics. Some of these drugs are useful in treating ADHD or promoting concentration. Due to the possibility of addiction for those who have been on drug abuse in the past, some, like Modafinil are regulated.
It is imperative that you gather more details on nootropics and others in terms of their dosage, side-effects, precautions and interactions. Before you buy modafinil, it is imperative to find relevant details and how it can help treat sleeping disorders.