What would you say to the idea that your business could have reduced energy bills and a PR boost all while helping our society transition towards a world with less harmful emissions? Although many might not be aware of it, making the switch to renewable energy can result in considerable benefits to a business, or an individual for that matter.
Here are some of the most prominent perks of going green:
- A fall in long-term costs: Although high upfront costs tend to be a major barrier for many companies when it comes to investing in renewable energy sources, it’s often key for business owners to take more than short-term profits into account if they want to be on top of their game. Solar panels, for example, offer free energy in the long-run, despite their expensive initial price-tag. This means that your business will ultimately be able to save money, even earning a small income once the installation cost is paid back.
- Even upfront costs are falling: Yes, you read it right. With continued investment in technology for the future, the price of wind has dropped by 68% since 2009, with solar panel prices falling a whopping 86%! This means that historically prohibitive upfront costs are much more bearable. What better time could there be to invest in such tech?
- Less price uncertainty: When buying power from the grid, prices can often fluctuate, causing your business to make certain financial miscalculations. But with renewable power generation, you won’t need to worry half as much about that. When seeking out a potential new renewable energy supplier, many businesses get confused by the vast amount of business energy deals on offer. Thankfully, there are companies like Powerful Allies who offer green energy procurement through their immense buying power. Such companies make the transition easy, delivering a consistently favourable price.
- It’s good for the environment: Although scientists disagree on how long it will take for there to be a global catastrophe, there’s clear evidence of our emissions causing climate change – something which can have disastrous effects. That’s why it’s imperative for us as individuals to do our part to help our planet.
- It’ll give you a PR boost: Going green will certainly give you the green light from an ever-growing environmentally aware group of consumers. You’ll help attract business and retain current customers due to their knowledge that you’re doing the right thing.
- Increased power reliability: Connection to the national grid can often cause problems for a business. Depending on the type of business you own, you could lose a significant amount of revenue as a result of a power outage. However, if you’ve got green energy to back you up, then you’re much less likely to experience that. Additionally, if your sources of energy produce more power than you consume, you’ll even be able to sell that power to the grid, helping you earn some additional income as well.