Chrome extensions help to make your work easier by customizing browser functions according to your needs and preferences. They are small software programs or tools that tailor Chrome functionality, depending on the kind of work you frequently do.
New extensions are built every year, which are highly useful for PPC marketers. Many of them are Google AdWords experts. Hence, they help in harnessing the full power of PPC marketing campaigns by managing, organizing, and executing them effectively.
As a PPC marketer, if you’re unsure about which Chrome extensions might be helpful, we have a list for you.
GTM and Google Analytics Debug
Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics Debugging Tool is an extension that allows you to debug GTM and Google Analytics Implementations. It was launched in September 2017 and has seen many updates and changes since then.
This Chrome extension has rave reviews from users. It makes the work of a PPC expert easy by providing APP+WEB (GA4F) and GTAG support, along with the Data Attributes Inspector.
- DataLayer Pushes Database
- GA/Universal Hits debugging
- Enhanced Ecommerce reports, with a sortable view
- Ability to export as Table, copy objects, view all dataLayer pushes, copy details to the clipboard, and view dataLayer model details
- Ability to check the hit payload size, method, and enhanced data without having to sift through request headers
- Support for various websites and applications
This Chrome extension is suitable for anyone who needs to do keyword research as part of regular work. It not only suggests new keywords but also features search volumes, competitor data, and cost per click. You can easily use the add-on in Google Chrome.
It lets you download keyword data in PDF, CSV, and Excel formats. You also get new suggested keywords, related keywords, and “people also search for” keywords, along with keyword data in the search bar.
- Supported in Google websites like Google.com, GA, Search Console, Google Trends, YouTube, Google Keyword Planner, etc.
- Also supported in Amazon, eBay, Etsy, UberSuggest, etc.
- Displays volume metrics inside search pages
- Easy to comprehend cost per click and competitor ratios
- Can be installed in Chrome and Firefox
Facebook Pixel Helper
This pixel implementation tool can be added as a Chrome extension to help you with your daily tasks. It can help you work on Facebook’s pixel and conversion tracking. You can easily figure out the error if tracking stops working.
One of the best tag management tools in the market, Facebook Pixel Helper provides a summary of tags installed, along with event details and troubleshooting assistance.
- Looks for conversion or Facebook pixels in the background
- Provides real-time feedback on the implementation
- Indicates the number of pixel events, which can be expanded for a detailed overview
- Displays warnings, successes, and errors
This extension is best suitable for graphic designers and marketing experts who have to work on visual tools. It also lets web developers accomplish color related tasks. It is highly suitable for anyone seeking to make their campaigns more colorful and appealing.
You can get a color reading of any page and copy it into another program. It also provides color analysis and creates advanced CSS gradients.
- Includes Color Picker, Eye Dropper, Gradient Generator, and much more.
- New sampling mode for a variety of pixel range
- Support for retina displays
- Allow sampling of local files and fixes them
- Helps to create image gallery ads
- Useful in Google AdWords, Photoshop, Canva, etc.
- Can be used to develop landing pages and logos
As you may have heard, content is the king. Grammarly lets you shell out error-free content for your campaigns by fixing grammatical content and suggesting better writing options.
It automatically checks everything you write in Chrome and highlights potential issues. You can look at the suggestions to fix the errors and get better word choices for your content.
- Checks for spelling and grammatical errors
- Provides smart suggestions for better writing
- Easy to integrate into Chrome
SEOptimer helps in analyzing pages for SEO and provides downloadable reports. All you have to do is go to the page and click the button. You can get quick feedback on your page health using this extension.
- Provides comprehensive reports that can be easily downloaded
- Gives a holistic idea of the page health
Click & Clean
Although technically not related to PPC work, this extension is a must-have for anyone who works with multiple tabs and applications. It helps you to keep your computer clean and fast and also scans it for malware.
- Helps clear cache, delete cookies, and clean up hard drives
- Doubles as a virus scanner
- Can delete browsing and download history
Toggl is one of the best project management softwares you can have on Chrome. It is basically a time tracking extension that lets you add start and stop timings for multiple projects.
- Helps you multitask by switching between projects
- Gives you a breakdown of your time and projects
- Tracks time labeled with a task, project, or tag
A calling extension is necessary for any professional, more so for a marketer. While there are many call providers like Cisco WebEx, BlueJeans, etc., UberConference is one of the best extensions out there.
It lets you call people, start conferences, keep call records, and much more. You can get started with a few simple steps and keep your contacts one button away while coordinating a project.
- Easy-to-use add-on for call purposes
- Lets you copy call line information easily
- Supports both audio and video conferences
LastPass is an extremely handy tool for password management. It is a freemium tool that can also be used as a plugin for Chrome. If you work with multiple marketing tools that require a password, this is the best bet for you.
This extension helps in organizing and securely storing your passwords. It also lets you share access to certain content without having to reveal your password to someone else.
- Stores and organizes passwords without risk
- Share access available without password sharing
- Monitors dark web activities and warns of potential security breaches
- Generates secure passwords
- Lets you keep notes and make site lists
Chrome extensions are a savior for PPC experts who have to toggle between several functionalities on the same browser. They can help save time, manage work logs, and troubleshoot application errors. If you have not tried web extensions yet, install one, and see the difference.