Creating a flyer is something that you can do on your own. In fact, you don’t have to seek the assistance of an expert designer to get the job done. If you have the creativity and basic computer skills, you can use a tool that you are accessing on a daily basis to make a leaflet.
Among the tools that are available to assist you with creating a leaflet, Google Docs has received a lot of attention. You are already familiar with Google Docs and you are using it multiple times a day. While using the tool, you can go ahead and create an effective flyer.
Flyerbox says that there are two main options available to consider while you are creating a leaflet with Google Docs. The very first option is to use a pre-existing template. If you don’t want to re-invent the wheel, this is the ideal option available to consider. This will help you to reduce the time that is taken to create a leaflet. However, you will be forced to stick to the existing design. Your freedom available to change the parameters will be considerably low.
If you want to utilize maximum creativity to design your leaflet with Google Docs, you can go ahead with custom formatting. Then you can add your own images, your own text and make sure that the design is done according to your requirements. We will share the steps that you have to follow in order to get work done through both these approaches.
How to create a leaflet in Google Docs with template gallery
As the first option, let’s take a look at the easy way available to create a flyer. This is where you can create the flyer with a template gallery.
- You should initially log into Google Drive by providing credentials. Then you can access Google Docs. Or else, it is possible to access Google Docs directly from the URL as well.
- Now you will need to click on the NEW button, which you can see on the top left hand menu. Now you need to enter the submenu in the right and locate “From a Template”. This will help you to load all the templates that are available.
- You can go through the list of templates and pick the best template that you can use for the leaflet. There is an excellent collection of templates available. In fact, you will notice that there is something for everyone in the collection.
- Now you have loaded the template on your screen. You can do the changes to it according to the way you want. For example, you can replace the images from the drop down menu that will pop up. Likewise, you can change textual content as well. You can upload your own images to the template from your computer.
- Once you are done with making all the changes, you can save the template in a new file. This will be the soft copy of your leaflet.
- You can also press on Control + P buttons in your keyboard and directly send the leaflet to the printer. Before you print, it is important to make sure that you configure the print settings accordingly in it.
How to create a custom leaflet on Google Docs
If you want to take better control over the leaflet creation process, you should learn how to use the custom leaflet designing process available through Google Docs. Here are the steps that you must follow to get the job done.
- You can initially log into Google Docs with your credentials.
- Now you can click on the NEW option in the top left hand menu and open up a new canvas. It will be a white space that you can see on your screen.
- You can pick the orientation of the leaflet according to your preferences. It can be landscape or portrait. You can change the size of the page and define the layout through Page Setup option available under the File tab.
- Now you can click on the insert tab and then add the items that you wish to show on the leaflet. This can include both images as well as textual content. Apart from that, you have the freedom to add your own preferred shapes as well. All the items that you add will be displayed in the document. You can play around with them and end up with getting the perfect layout that you wish to have.
- You can also resize and play around with the elements that you can see on the screen. This is where you should get the most out of the creativity. If you can use your creativity in the right way, Google Docs can provide all the support and assistance that is needed to create an excellent leaflet.
- Once you are done with completing the design of the leaflet, you can finalize it. It can be exported into any other format you want. Or else, you can directly connect the printer to your computer and print it.
Now you are aware about the two prominent methods that are available to create a leaflet with the help of Google Docs. Make sure that you pick the best option out of these two and follow it. Then you will be able to end up with creating the best layout at the end of the day. It can deliver amazing results to you as well.
No matter how you create the template, you need to understand that your creativity matters a lot with the results that you can end up with. Hence, you should try your best to get the most out of creativity and come up with designing the best leaflet. It can heavily contribute towards the outcomes that you can end up with as well.